We’re seeking a part-time Operations Assistant/Project Coordinator to join our team with an opportunity to grow into a full-time position!
As an Operations Assistant, you’ll be responsible for managing our client projects, business operations and helping our team run smoothly. You’ll have experience with juggling multiple projects at once with grace and ease. While you aren’t a developer, you have a technical familiarity or background that will help you translate the needs of our clients to the internal development team (and vice versa).
In this role, you’ll report to our CEO and be responsible for:
- Project Management: You’re a great fit if you are skilled with client communication, both written and oral, as well as being an excellent liaison between client stakeholders and our internal development team, balancing the needs and requirements of both. You’ll be responsible for managing client projects from start to finish through kick-off meetings, weekly status calls, timeline and budget management, etc.
- Production Management: In addition to managing our client projects, in this role you’ll also lead the team in planning work for the week ahead (called sprints) by balancing the current needs of all clients, projects and deadlines. Each day you’ll attend and manage stand-up meetings and adjust the day’s responsibilities as the need arises.
- Quality Assurance: In this role, you’ll also contribute to quality assurance testing and bug reporting as the need arises with projects. You’re a great fit if you have a keen attention to detail that you’ll use to effectively and thoroughly test mobile apps (both Android and iOS) and web apps. You’ll field client bug reports and translate these to the internal development team as appropriate.
- Business Operations: We’re a small, nimble team and we run as efficiently as possible. In this role, you’ll have to opportunity to help us with continuous improvement. Don’t like the way we handle a meeting? Great, we’d love to hear how we can make it better. Is our payroll system not working for the team? Fantastic, help us find a new one.
You’ll be a fit for this position because:
- You have a desire to organize things and you’re okay taking the lead on organizing
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- You love working on a small team and wearing multiple hats
- Attention to detail is one of your top strengths
- You enjoy finding new ways to incorporate technology tools into business operations
- You easily handle context switching and learning new things
Salary is commensurate with experience. This position is located in Apex, NC with the option to work some or most hours from home. Must be in the Raleigh-Durham area and willing to meet in person.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the body of your email include 1-2 paragraphs about why you enjoy working at a small business. Please, no phone calls.