Oak City Labs is a custom software development company in Apex, NC. You’ll mostly find us building mobile apps, cloud solutions, and other custom software for entrepreneurs and organizations in the health, manufacturing, food, AgTech and BioTech spaces.
We’re seeking a software developer to join our team beginning this summer!
In this role, you’ll report to our CTO and duties will include:
- Write clean, maintainable, easy to understand code.
- Look for ways to automate the development process, including continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Tests! Write tests! Test coverage should be at or above 60% for our service based clients. There’s some wiggle room on internal products in beta. After beta, 60% is the mark.
- Test, debug, and troubleshoot mobile and web applications.
- Integrate apps with 3rd party APIs.
- Estimate and size development efforts.
- Continually improve your craft, evaluating new types of solutions and design patterns, and using the good ones to make our products exceptional.
- Meet any client or company based deadlines. We know stuff will happen, but we’re going to work hard as a team to make things right for our customers.
- Be a positive force within our team and for our customers.
- When not working on billable client work, help with finding business and work on internal company projects.
You’ll be a fit for this position because you:
- Have a strong sense of ownership in your work. You take pride in what you make and want it to be spectacular.
- Engender trust in your team. We’re a small shop and we depend on our teammates. If you say you’ll do something, you will get it done.
- Want to build code the right way. You want to write pretty, elegant code, with plenty of tests so you can make a change and know everything still works.
- Are troubled by bugs you don’t understand. A bug report that doesn’t make sense keeps you up at night.
Requirements from most important to least.
- Either (or better yet, both!)
- Bachelor’s degree in science, mathematics or engineering (we’ll also consider computer science degrees)
- An established background as a professional developer
- Local to Apex, NC
- 2-5+ years of experience with iOS/Mac development
- 2+ years of writing Swift
- REST interfaces with URLSession
- Data persistence with Core Data, Realm or similar
- Unit testing in Xcode
- Interested in at least one other language besides Swift.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This position is located in Apex, NC with the option to work some hours from home. We are not open to remote candidates at this time.
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.