WHAT GUIDES US
Quality products are crafted, not just created.
This is how we believe custom software should be built.
Jay Lyerly and I founded Oak City Labs in 2014 to be a different kind of software development company – one that’s more like a craftsman shop, rather than an impersonal tech firm of fast products, overseas teams, and other shortcuts.
Having seen software development from the angles of developer, project manager, and even director of engineering, Jay and I understand what will endure (and what won’t). From what we’ve learned, it all comes down to a thoughtful, artisan-style approach.
If you want to make custom software that matters – that actually lasts – you will need to build that intention into it with every decision. You need the right local team that will partner with you, prioritize stability and attention to detail, and be transparent with you on what your project needs to succeed. This is exactly what we do at Oak City Labs.
We see building custom software just like solving a puzzle. You need to collaborate, consider every piece, and understand how they all fit together to become the big picture.
So rather than be flashy or slick when it comes to your project – we’d like to be in the business of puzzle solving with you. We’d love to show you how we can be the missing piece.
A Brief History
Meet Our Leadership
CEO & Co-Founder
- Experience Highlights: Director of Engineering at StepLeader Digital, 15+ Year Career in Technology with exposure to all sides of development
- Education: MBA, Technology Entrepreneurship and Commercialization: NC State; BS, Business Administration: University of South Carolina – Upstate
- Fun Fact: I’m an avid runner and love spending time with my husband and daughters – preferably outside.
CTO & Co-Founder
- Experience Highlights: Lead iOS Developer at StepLeader Digital, 19+ Year Career as Software Engineer and Developer in NC
- Education: MS, Physics: NC State, BS, Physics: NC State
- Fun Fact: With my wife, I helped found – a non-profit organization providing resources for house rabbits and their people in the Raleigh-Durham area and across North Carolina.